Sunday, January 11, 2009

Old Main on an Icy Night

This is Old Main on the campus of Shippensburg University. While the college punks were still on break I slipped up on one icy night last week with my tripod and warm hat (note: next time take warm gloves). Just as I was pulling into a campus parking lot the SU Police passed by. Luckily the just passed by. I took a bunch of pictures from different angles but this one was by far the best. Unfortunately you can't see just how icy it was but I managed to stay on my my feet long enough to get back to the truck.
From the SU website,"Shippensburg University was established in 1871 as the Cumberland Valley State Normal School. The school received official approval by the state on February 21, 1873, and admitted its first class of 217 students on April 15, 1873. In 1917 the school was purchased by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania." Ship was the first of PA's Normal Schools to become a State Teachers College in 1926. Old main was one of the original buildings of the old Normal School.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice shot of Old Main.

Anonymous said...

Why did you feel the need to make a derogatory comment about the students? What does that have to do with your photo?

Anonymous said...

I think haney was rather kind with his words.
And the picture is good also.

Anonymous said...

He was being nice about his comment. Until you have dealings with the students, we can call them what we want. I deal with them on a daily bases.