Thursday, November 19, 2009

Battlefield SkyWatch Sunrise



Well, like I said, I may not have seen many deer on my excursion to Gettysburg Battlefield last Sunday but I did get to see one spectacular sunrise. The lines and shades of orange were awesome. As I drove into and through the town of Gettysburg and turned out Steinwehr Avenue towards Emmitsburg I noticed the fog laying in the low areas outside of town. Yes, I stopped on the road and snapped these from the truck window. I wish I would have investigated which monuments these were but I didn't. I know the top picture shows the New York Excelsior Brigade on the left and the 73rd Regiment of the New York City Volunteer Fire Department Monument (which was part of the Excelsior Brigade) on the right side. The bottom picture shows the Pennsylvania State Monument on the right and I believe the Vermont State Monument on the left.
As always this is the sky where I am, Click on the icon on the right side over there to see the sky around the world.

15 comments:

Woody said...

I believe you are correct Haney and great shots by the way

barry said...

Awesome photos haney, the top one is a award winner.It would be neat blown up and framed.

Martha Z said...

Wonderful, misty shots. They give an etherial feel to the battlefield. Very fitting.

Jane said...

Some lovely shots in the mist, thanks for sharing:)

nonizamboni said...

Wonderfully haunting early morning shots of the battlefield! You were definitely in the right place at the right time. I once lived in York, PA and spent probably too much time touring Gettysburg, town & battlefield. Your photos really brought back memories. Thanks!

Judy said...

That first shot is superb! The colours of the sunrise, diffused by the fog, and the monuments rising eerily!! I love it!

Gunilla said...

Wonderful misty shots.
Thanks for sharing
Gunilla in Sweden

hetty said...

Wonderful eerie sunrise shots! The shrouded monuments look surreal! The word verification is trete. I think that means your photos are a real treat!

FO - 2 said...

Great shots! :)
Beautiful silhouettes in the mist.

Jim said...

The fog created an eerie effect.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Eaglesbrother said...

Great foggy morning shots..I can almost here the bugle call to wake the old soldiers up to ready for battle once again.


Eaglesbrother

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful sunrise and foggy shots.

kden said...

Those area really fabulous shots.

Vaiheinen said...

Great feeling in these shots. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Sunrise and mist, perfect combination. Tanks!!