Sunday, November 29, 2009

Birdwalk 11-22-2009



First off, I know these are borderline pictures, I wish I could have taken better but sometimes you post what you have as evidence. That's what today's pictures are, proof. And as stated in yesterday's post correct me if I'm wrong. The first and second pictures are a Yellow Bellied Sapsucker. Unlike most woodpeckers the YBS bores holes and returns to lick the sap and any bugs that maybe sicking around. Notice all the holes in the first picture? When I took these I knew it wasn't a Downy, I was thinking Ladderback Woodpecker. But, my final answer, Regis, is... Yellow Bellied Sapsucker. Possibly a female but I can't tell. The male has a red throat. And the last picture is a White Breasted Nuthatch. Another of those birds that don't sit still for long. This is the only picture I got of him.

No comments: