Thursday, November 26, 2009

Birdwalk 11-22-2009









These are some of the birds I saw on my Sunday morning walk along the Big Spring. Most of these I've posted before at least once. To start things off we have a Belted Kingfisher. I not only have posted kingfishers before but I'd bet I've posted this fellow before. He may be noisy but he's hard to sneak up on. Next is a Great Blue Heron, I think he thought he was hidden in that tree across the spring. Third is a White Crowned Sparrow. This may be a first for me to post. Although I've caught Song Sparrows hanging out on this sign before. Fourth is a Downy Woodpecker. They seem to be all over the place. Next is a Common Crow. They seem to be migrating through right now, too. There was a group of maybe four or five hanging out together. I guess a group of crows is called a murder. I don't know who comes up with these names. And last, right as I got back to the truck, this Northern Cardinal pair stopped by. This guy had hair, unlike the last cardinal I posted. I also got pictures of three or four new birds, stay tuned for those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haney, Not only did your oriole have hair, he has a girl friend. Mom