Saturday, June 18, 2011

23. Cumberland County Fire & EMS Stations













Lots of participation this week, thanks. First station is Hampden Township Fire Company, Station 1. Cumberland County Company 30. Situated at 1200 Good Hope Road, Mechanicsburg this station was just built in 2008 (I think). The old station sat in front of this one. Apparatus at the Northside Station includes Engine 1-30, Engine 4-30 and Truck 30. Station 2, the Southside Station, was featured on Name that Station 21. The second is a station I'm surer that less than maybe two regulars here have seen. This is East Pennsboro Ambulance Service, Inc., located in the township building off of 750 Humer Street in Enola. In 1987 the West Enola Fire Company and Summerdale Fire Company merged their ambulance services to form the EPAS. By 2002 EPAS was a stand alone organization.


ps: on a side note, I have a Flickr account that I have all my Fire Stations posted on. I have them categorized by county or state. On a normal day I get 0-20 of my pictures viewed. On a good day I may get as many as 50 views! So far today (we're 15 hours in already by GMT) I have over 1500 views. Holy Crap!

No comments: