Wednesday, June 01, 2011

A Tree Grows in Central Park

I must admit that I am a Food Network junkie. Last night while watching Chopped it occurred to me that these guys on there cooking are a lot like someone who takes pictures. While the chefs start with a basket full of what seems to be odds and ends, I am given something as vast and open as Central Park. Like, "Here's Central Park, here's a camera, you have 20 minutes, time starts now." Oh, Oh, there's these people walking, there's a tree, a fence, a bench, a skyline. Where do you start and where do you get that vision to start running with? Then the chefs face the judges and name what they have done, what they were trying to do with the dish and make it sound like something you can't live without. I think I am someone who has, at times, that vision but the ability to bullshit my way through the thought process that took me where I ended up just escapes me sometimes. I sure that made no sense whatsoever. While looking for a picture to post I stumbled on this tree. What was I thinking when I squeezed the shutter release? What did I plan to do with it? Hmmmm

No comments: