Monday, June 06, 2011

Ike's Farm - Barn Charm



Today's choice for the Barn Charm franchise is one I dug up from more than 18 months ago. It seems that nearly every other barn I've taken pictures of has been posted. But I found this one from an early morning drive around the Gettysburg Battlefield. The fog eventually burned off for better pictures at other places around the battlefield and I took some really awesome ones at sunrise. This is the Eisenhower Farm. That's right, Ike and Mamie's place.

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Cool shot. I rather like it enshrouded in fog!

Mari said...

How neat to see their farm. I like the fog too!

Jan n Jer said...

Hello neighbor...I live in Pa too, just 14 miles from Gettysburg in Hanover! I toured the Eisenhower farm many years ago..very interesting. Great shot with the fog!

Anonymous said...

I've been seeing a lot about Gettysburg, lately, & I'm gonna have to get out there... I want to see it for myself!!! Awesome history!!!

Love your photo... the fog really adds to the mystery of the place, ya know, being in Gettysburg & all! LoL! =)

Beth said...

I remember seeing their farm when my husband and I went to Gettysburg several years ago. Beautiful area loaded with meaning.

genie said...

My husband took me to Gettysburg around 5 years ago, and we went to Ike’s farm. I adored the house because it had the style and feel of my home where I lived. What a special spot Your capture is awesome...love all the fog. It was very clear when we were there. Spent the night downtown in a little old hotel which was really a treat for me. Love your post. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Carole said...

That is one serious barn! Great shot.

NoteworthyMusings

Rose said...

I so love this one through the mist!