Clear Creek Fire Authority, Station 4, 750 Brownell Street, Georgetown, Colorado. Clear Creek County. The Georgetown Fire Department was established in 1868. By the mid 1870's there were four firehouses in Georgetown. In 1970 the Georgetown Fire Department Vigilant #5 was organized and in April of 1972 ground was broken for the new fire station. In 1989 GFD signed an agreement with the Clear Creek Emergency Services General Improvement District to help consolidate the fire services of Clear Creek County. In 1998 they became part of the Clear Creek Fire Authority. The Vigilant #5 station is the only remaining active station in town.