The Georgetown Fire Department was established in 1868. The first station was built in 1870 at near the intersection of Taos and 10th Streets. The first company organized as the Georgetown Fire and Hose Company and were housed in the Old Missouri station. The Star Hook and Ladder Company was organized in 1871. The Hope Hose Company #1 was organized July 23, 1874 and the Alpine Hose #2 was formed November 24, 1874. In 1970 the Vigilant #5 was established.
Georgetown Fire and Hose Company #1, 10004 Taos Street, Georgetown , Colorado. Built in 1875 and added to in 1881.
Alpine Hose Company #2 , 507 5th Street, Georgetown Colorado, Built in 1875 and in 1880 added the bell and hose tower. In 2013 it re-opened as the Georgetown Firefighting Museum.
Star Hook and Ladder Company, 404 6th Street, Georgetown, Colorado. Built in 1886, it now serves as the Town Hall.