Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Number One in the A.L. East (PG LV)



Last week my Orioles Fanness came into question, this week it's all about the O. This weeks special guest is the B+O warehouse along Eutaw Street at Camden Yards. I know I have better pictures but they must be somewhere on film (I'll explain film to you someday kids). These are the best I could digitally find. I promise to get some better ones this summer. As for the title, you have to shout these things while you can. O-R-I-O-L-E-S!

At 51 feet wide and 1,116 feet long the Warehouse is the longest building on the East Coast and houses the Orioles front offices along with the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network and the Maryland Stadium Authority. They say a 432' home run down the right field line will hit the Warehouse. Ken Griffey, Jr., is the only person to hit it. His 445' drive connected during the home run derby at the 1993 All-Star game. They put these brass baseballs to mark all home runs that hit Eutaw Street, this is the only one on the wall. The "3000" sign is for Rafael Palmeiro's 3000th hit. This picture was taken during a rain delay just days before his suspension (we were also at that game, 8/1/05).

No comments: