Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Twilight


I took this picture from my truck while sitting at the park. I had just taken a long walk and was waiting. Near the end of my walk I spotted a killdeer. A killdeer is a bird. This particular killdeer had made it's nest on the stone path I was walking. In true killdeer fashion it squawked as it walked away from the nest in the stones on the path. Seeing that I wasn't following her like she assumed I would she began phase two. Phase two was the damsel in distress routine. This involved more squawking and dragging a wing. "Oh, big mean man, I'm hurt." And when you get far enough from the nest she leaves you stranded and flys back to the nest. This week I'll take my camera on my walk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Haney
Thanks for all the wonderful pictures and posts. I had no idea you had a blog until it was mentioned by Brad Myers. You have now become one of my daily look ups.
In my effort to proof your spelling wrong on the bird name I truly find that I am the one messed up and it is a Killdeer.
I enjoy your photos.
tell Chick hello.

Haney said...

Thanks Barry and welcome on board, just don't try to make any sense of this and you'll do alright.